Kootenai School District Mission
The Kootenai School District provides a free, safe, appropriate, dynamic learning environment. The School Community assists in establishing learning opportunities to ensure success for all students.
Kootenai School District Vision
Students will graduate with the ability to compete globally in their post-secondary endeavors.
February Board Notes
The following business was conducted at the regular school board meeting held February 9, 2015:
· Maintenance Update: The repairs to the junior high bathroom have been completed. A $5,000 reward has been offered by the Northwest Insurance Council for information leading to a conviction in the arson fire that was set. The staff did a commendable job clearing buildings and making sure that all students were safe and transported home.
· Walkway: Three bids for the construction of a secure walkway between the junior high and elementary buildings were presented. After review and discussion, the Board approved the bid from Concrete Unlimited Construction Company.
· Transportation/Bus Repair: The Trustees approved the repair of Bus 06 by Rush Truck Center in Lewiston. A Jasper engine will be installed.
· Technology Update: Deb Pence & Allan Millar presented information regarding the P-Tech program which provides students in grades 9-11 the opportunity to pursue certifications, training, and college credit while still in high school. The courses are funded through the J.A. and Kathryn Albertson Foundation. Kootenai School District has applied to join the program. We will post additional information as it becomes available.
· Student Athletics/Coaching Resignation: The board approved the coaching resignation for Ashley Rauch. Mrs. Rauch has done a great job working with the students. The coaching vacancy is being advertised.
· Security: The district will be advertising a request for proposal for a new security system. Trustees toured Lake City High School and met with their School Resource Officer, administrators, and Ednetics to discuss pros & cons of their system and options for our district.
· Reading is the Ticket: Grades K-8 are participating in the “Reading is the Ticket” program to earn Silverwood tickets. Students who read a total of 10 hours will receive a day pass to the amusement park.
· Driver’s Education: Students interested in taking Driver’s Education need to speak to Mr. Schultz or Mr. Kincheloe. The Idaho Digital Learning Academy is available to complete the instruction requirements of the course. This involves a 6-week online course. Students do not receive credit for the class; however, it does meet the instructional requirement. Driving requirements are contracted through instructors in Coeur d’Alene.
K.I.T.E. CLUB Kootenai Interactive Tutoring and Enrichment Club
KITE is an after-school program in which students, K-8, have the opportunity to work on homework or receive extra tutoring. Enrichment activities include physical activities, science experiments, and community education. Program goals include attending to the academic, emotional, and social well-being of children.
Please click here for more information about our KITE program.
In compliance with new state requirements and district policy, Kootenai School District is requesting parental feedback for inclusion in certified instructional staff evaluations. The enclosed form is being randomly mailed to parents. We ask that you respond to the questions and return the form to the school or district office.
Your input allows for ongoing parent/guardian input, which is important in improving the quality of education for all our students. You may obtain additional forms from any school office, the school district's administrative office or by clicking on the following link.
If you have any questions, please call the school office:
Elementary: 689-3511 Jr. Sr. High: 689-3311 District Office: 689-3631
We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Partners in Education:
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN, that regular meetings of the Board of Trustees of Kootenai Joint School District #274 will be held on the 2nd Monday of each month at 7:00 p.m. at the Harrison Elementary School, Room 3 in said District, meeting dates as follows:
THESE REGULAR MEETINGS of the Board of Trustees of the Kootenai Joint School District #274 are called pursuant to IDAHO CODE 67-2343.
August 11, 2014 February 9, 2015
September 8, 2014 March 9, 2015
October 13, 2014 April 13, 2015
November 10, 2014 May 11, 2105
December 8, 2014 June 18, 2015
January 12, 2015 July 13, 2015
DATED this 14th day of July 2014.
SUSAN EALEY, Clerk of the Board
Kootenai Joint School District #274
Harrison, Kootenai County, Idaho