Kootenai School District Mission
The Kootenai School District provides a free, safe, appropriate, dynamic learning environment. The School Community assists in establishing learning opportunities to ensure success for all students.
Kootenai School District Vision
Students will graduate with the ability to compete globally in their post-secondary endeavors.
Kootenai High School Accreditation Survey
In an effort to improve system practices, Kootenai High School is conducting a Parent Survey. We value your opinion and ask that you take the time to complete this survey. In order to complete the survey, please go to:http://www.advanc-ed.org/survey/public/1978948 Please be assured that your responses to this survey will be anonymous. Your honest opinion is appreciated. Thank you for your time and attention to this matter.
December Board Notes
The following business was conducted at the regular school board meeting held December 8, 2014:
· Lagoon Update: The Contractor intends to finish work on the new lift station this week and have it ready to start pumping water to the new ponds once the aeration piping in the ponds is completed. At that point, the Contractor will begin to move water out of the existing lagoon into the new ponds. Initially, the plan is to move enough water to cover the piping in the ponds, which will help protect it from ice.
· The Contractor will not be able to perform startup and testing on the irrigation system until we are able to irrigate under the new permit. This is anticipated to be complete by May 15, 2015. Also, seepage testing on the new ponds cannot occur until weather conditions allow. We anticipate that this, too, will be complete by May 15th.
· Athletics: The board accepted a resignation from Mike LaFountaine as the Junior High Football Coach for the 2015 season. Mike Maitland was approved as the Junior High Boys Basketball coach. Lonnie Hayes was approved as the Girls J. V. Basketball Coach. Kirsten Scheffelmaier was approved as the Jr. High Girls Basketball Coach.
· Student participants of the K.I.T.E. program will be traveling to Coeur d’Alene on the 19th of December to board a scenic eagle watching boat tour!!
· Teachers will be attending trainings on the 12th and the 17th of December. These trainings are paid for by the Albertson Foundation and led by the Idaho Leads Team through Boise State University.
K.I.T.E. CLUB Kootenai Interactive Tutoring and Enrichment Club
The Kootenai School District was awarded with funding through a 21stCentury Community Learning Centers grant. Grant funds allow for the establishment and administration of a quality community learning center program, which incorporates academic, social, and family enrichment opportunities.
Students K-8 are offered a before and after school program Monday through Thursday that began in September 2012, and is scheduled to run through May 2017. Program participants have a substantial, nutritious snack daily. They receive homework help, tutoring as needed, or utilize technology based academic programs. Students participate in programming designed to give them the tools they need to make good choices when faced with peer pressure. Goal setting, character development, and bullying prevention are a focus. Daily physical activities are enjoyed by all ages. Regular program participants have the opportunity to attend quarterly field trips. This is based on high KITE attendance and positive KITE behavior. Families are able to participate in family nights, which is a time to highlight their students’ success, and provide a chance for positive interaction between school and home. Students are encouraged to be active in school sports while still enjoying the benefits of the program. The activity bus is available on all program days.
We feel very privileged to be able to offer students this opportunity for personal growth. As the 2012-2013 school year wraps up we reflect on the program thus far. We are thrilled with the gains made this year, and plan on exciting things for next year.
All KITE funding for student activities, family nights, staff professional development, activity buses on program days, KITE field trips, and KITE staffing is not supported from the Kootenai School District general fund, but is made possible through a 21st Century Community Learning Centers Federal Grant. The program is scheduled to run through the 2017 school year. If you are interested in volunteering, joining the KITE Advisory Team, or have questions please contact Nicole Goodson (Program Director) at 689-3511 or email email@example.com
This institution is an equal opportunity provider. http://www.sde.idaho.gov/site/cclc
In compliance with new state requirements and district policy, Kootenai School District is requesting parental feedback for inclusion in certified instructional staff evaluations. The enclosed form is being randomly mailed to parents. We ask that you respond to the questions and return the form to the school or district office.
Your input allows for ongoing parent/guardian input, which is important in improving the quality of education for all our students. You may obtain additional forms from any school office, the school district's administrative office or by clicking on the following link.
If you have any questions, please call the school office:
Elementary: 689-3511 Jr. Sr. High: 689-3311 District Office: 689-3631
We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Partners in Education:
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN, that regular meetings of the Board of Trustees of Kootenai Joint School District #274 will be held on the 2nd Monday of each month at 7:00 p.m. at the Harrison Elementary School, Room 3 in said District, meeting dates as follows:
THESE REGULAR MEETINGS of the Board of Trustees of the Kootenai Joint School District #274 are called pursuant to IDAHO CODE 67-2343.
August 11, 2014 February 9, 2015
September 8, 2014 March 9, 2015
October 13, 2014 April 13, 2015
November 10, 2014 May 11, 2105
December 8, 2014 June 18, 2015
January 12, 2015 July 13, 2015
DATED this 14th day of July 2014.
SUSAN EALEY, Clerk of the Board
Kootenai Joint School District #274
Harrison, Kootenai County, Idaho